Need help! BigWhiteDuck Stacks

Hi there,
due to an unfortunate circumstance, I lost my computer and everything associated with it, including all backups. I’m now trying to restore RapidWeaver and all its plugins. The last ones I’m missing are the Big White Duck plugins. I found some in the cloud (see screenshot). However, I need the important stacks like Limelight, etc. On the page https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/stacks/, nothing is visible on the next level. Can someone help me and provide the entire bundle?

Kind regards,

Bengt

Hi Bengt,
Absolutely everything (even the unreleased stacks) is available to download from

https://github.com/atavernor/bwd

I’ll try and get the website fixed soon - it got mangled after a ddos attack on other sites on the server and had to be moved.

7 Likes

Hi Tav

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

You have no idea how happy you make me. The loss of Limelight, in particular, would have caused me serious problems. Thank goodness you read my post.

A general question: Are you still developing for RWC or Stacks 6, or does that no longer make sense after the release of “elements”?

Thank you very much!

Bengt

2 Likes

No, unfortunately not. A couple of things transpired to make the decision for me (this is the very abridged version).
I was all set to release all the MenuLab stacks that I’d been working on when Stacks 6 landed but it became apparent that the only menus were going to be theme/framework related.
Secondly, most of the people that I worked closely with had transitioned away from stacks to using AI tools to develop their sites, CRM’s and web apps for larger clients than would be practicable with a stand alone app.
I only wrote stacks for the fun of it and the fun evaporated a good few years ago. I will of course continue to hang around and support the existing stacks wherever needed. A duck is for life and not just for Christmas :duck:

16 Likes

Thanks for the stacks Tav. I don’t suppose the demo projects are also available? I know it’s needy but I feel I have to play with ‘Core’ as it looks like fun!

I’ll see what I can dig out. There are a lot of Core projects that I can throw onto the github repository.

3 Likes

If you ever need a reference for canonisation, I will happily write one.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew, “Core” is new territory for me. I need more information about it. Therefore, I would be interested in some projects.

Project files will follow soon but in the meantime, here is a link to a collection of videos that I made for the beta test group. These are not full tutorial videos, they were designed to introduce the stacks to the test group.
https://share.zight.com/collections/k4fQAV/Core-Beta-Video

6 Likes

Core Project Files

Here are all the RW format test project files that I’ve found so far from the Core stacks development.

NOTE:
These are not polished demo files. They are the layouts and setups that I used to test the stacks during development.
As such some may be more polished than others and some may not even work.

There are 149 RW8 files in the zip that unpacks to approx 111MB - just so that you know.

@Marten and @alixnotes may have some others as they both used it during development.

7 Likes

Hi Tav, thanks very much for all the projects to try out. I do have one question, though: is there a dedicated core theme?

Best regards, Bengt

1 Like